Receiving Love from the most unique perfume store from paris









On Saturday the 25th I strolled into a perfume boutique: SENS UNIQUE- PARFUMS DE CRÉATEURS. 
This Parisian gem is for the true perfume lovers. The seemingly unassuming store is one of the best kept secrets of Paris. It sells the most luxurious brands available, but keeps it's door open to everybody and the ladies that work there are very generous with their knowledge of perfume and it's history. I tried at least 20 of the most exquisite perfumes that Paris had to offer and after giving me four samples of my favorite brands, one of the ladies offered to perfume me from head to toe with her favorite perfume, Puredistance SHEIDUNA ( so that the whole night I would smell like an oriental queen!)
The lady of the boutique asked me to guess what the country of origin was of her favorite perfume house: Puredistance. I was not able to guess, but it was from Holland!
Here I was in Paris assuming the best perfume houses were seated here, only to discover that the best one came from back home!
The Dutch house of Puredistance
I thanked the ladies of the perfume boutique for their generosity. I definitely felt that I received abundant love in this store. The ladies loved their craft and shared with me their love and taste for the most brilliant perfume houses!

Later that night I walked into an Indian restaurant. After seating, an Indian man with a beard and traditional clothes approached me. He put a large collection of jasmine garlands on my table. They came all the way from India by plane and their smell gave the whole restaurant an ambiance of an Indian Palace. I chose one necklace and asked for a discount. We started an animated negotiation about the price. Finally we reached an agreement and I fastened the necklace around my neck. The rest of the night felt like I walked on a bed of oriental flowers. 


Meeting the richest man of Paris

Outside in the dark night I exchanged smiles with a man who called himself The Flowerman. He sold all kinds of lamps and little birds in cages that also had little lights in them. A big cardboard poster of him playing a guitar was fastened on his bike that he used as an improvised stall. He offered me a piece of his pomegranate fruit and started talking to me. I didn't get the impression he was there to sell stuff, he seemed to use his stall as an excuse to talk to passerby's. He asked where I was from. I replied I was a Dutch Moroccan. He looked like an Indian to me with his long straight grayish hair and cowboy-hat. "I am also from where you are from, I am an Apache from Marrakesh", he replied jokingly. I was not convinced and looked around his stall to see some clues. He made a CD record that contained songs like Cuba and Te amo Maria. Everything about him suggested that he was a Latino, but he repeated he was a Moor. He offered me his CD, a bracelet made of lamps and two hangers. I told him I don't have the money to give him the value of the things he offered to me. If he wants me to take them then it would be a generous donation! He accepted and pointed to one of his songs: I am the richest man in the city. 








Comments

Popular Posts